We made it to Hawaii this year! It was no small feat to get the grandparents, Emmy, Celia and I on the Hawaii travels website all ready to go. We did it though and I felt like quite the persistent gal getting us those fancy pink bracelets that say we are cleared. It was beautiful at Ko Olina as it always is, but We enjoyed our own studio space. It was a nice relaxing time for Celia. It made me happy to get her out of stress mode to heal a little bit in the island sunshine and breeze.
I hadn't been anywhere in almost 6 months so it was a fun vacation. I loved snorkeling with my Dad. All the talks by the pool or in the jacuzzi and watching the sunsets. We had a BBQ on Sherwood's beach and it reminded me of my younger years when we would have bonfires at Huntington beach. I love the flame fires and the ocean and open spaces. I'm glad we could go and visit.
We also got to go to the Polynesian cultural center. It is so family oriented there and there is a feel of tradtional values and morals. It just felt nice. We got rained on on a river ride, but it stopped quickly and it felt like riding a boat at Disneyland or something. All the experiences remind me of other ones and I feel grateful. I was grateful for my bed and soft pillows after being at the hotel and I like how its not too humid in Roseville. I thought I would be warm all the time in Hawaii, but nope, we had some hot days and some moments when we were cold. We got to get hot chocolate and billed it to the room and that was fun. Emmy and I got to go to Longboards and the view of the cove was so great, but our conversation was even more fun for me. Time together with my people is so valuable. we were spoiled by the Holmes' and the Hellums and I'm glad Kieran felt celebrated. We are talking about going to Maui or Kawaii next year in July, Let's hope we can make that happen!
It was a big deal for Celia to finish up strong with seminary and freshman year. I think she would have liked to be given some sort of graduation from 9th grad party, but I brought her cake and we feel so happy and relieved to have this part over. It was challenging all year with grades and friend drama, but now we can rest.
![]() |























































No comments:
Post a Comment