
Joseph is so loving.~

We've implemented a Davis morning schedule at our house.:) It is a pretty busy time and its really nice when those who can do things independently actually do them for themselves. The reward is a date night with Mom and Dad if they got all their checks for the week. The list has things like make bed, brush teeth, eat breakfast, make lunch and pack backpack. I have seen an amazing change in Joseph. He does the routine well and with out complaining. He has definitely been our star schedule follower.:) I mentioned I may make an afternoon one for doing chores and homework after school and he has already asked me if I've made that two times. I better get working on that.:)
So Tuesday came and papers were looked over. Emelie and Joseph earned a date out with Mom and Dad. Emmy belongs to a club called CJSF California Junior Scholarship Federation. They have activities and fun events for these kids who do well academically. Yesterday they had a fundraiser at Red Robin. 15% of the meal purchased their would go to their group. We went and it was packed full of people we knew from church, and school. We saw Celia's preschool teacher there too. She is a such a great lady and I loved hearing how wonderful Celia is doing in class from her teacher; Rebbecca Blevins. Rebecca's mom was there too who looked like she could be just her older sister. Her Mom hugged me when I told her that and gave Joseph change to play the arcade games there. A little compliment goes pretty far I think hehe.
Speaking of compliments. On the way to Red Robin we were talking about Emelie's CJSF activity she attended in the afternoon. They took personality tests. She was telling us what color she was and what it meant. I asked if there were any description words attached to it. She didn't remember, but I said something like mine would be Spiritual Extroverted, and suddenly Joseph says Wondrous!!! outta the back seat. I couldn't have been more happy lol. I was like Oh really?" and he said, "Yup and Loving too". Needless to say I was happy and couldn't argue when Brian pointed out the perfect shirt for Joe at Target that read " Mama's Boy". This date night was a great reinforcing experience for all.:)
Awe... very sweet!
ReplyDelete