Monday, May 10, 2010

A Happy Mother's Day.

Future Mothers Celia and Emmy.~ We had a lovely dinner with Rah Rah and Papa. Rah Rah brings the best food and its great to just eat and visit.:)
We had unusual weather. It was sunny and raining at the same time. Celia and I went to go see. It was beautiful.


I love the Homemade cards from the kids. They are my favorite part of Mother's Day celebrating
Bri makes the best steak. I'm so glad he made some yesterday!

Its true I don't pull out the china except every few year, but Bri was wondering when i got them and it was funny. Emmy remembered we've had it as long as she can remember and have eaten Easter Thanksgiving and Mother's Day dinner on it before:)
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I was somewhat surprised at church that there wasn't any specific talks on Mother's. I didn't mind there were great talks and lessons shared. We did get a truffle from See's too. Yum! I thought it was great to have an opportunity to bring a chocolate by the sisters that I visit teach that weren't there. I really think the mindset to care for those who needs us is a theme I am seeing more at church and I am very happy about it. One reference to mother in sacrament meeting was nice though. The speaker pointed out that even as Christ hung on the cross and was finishing his work here on earth, he turned to his mother and comforted her and made sure she would be taken care of in his absence. His respect for mothers and women is inspiring to me. I am grateful to have a loving husband and wonderful mothers and grandmothers.:)There is a bit of sacrifice in bearing and rearing children and I appreciate all these wonderful women in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...