As I'm sweeping the rice from the floor I am taken back to days of imagination and creativity. I used to sit and write short stories of characters made up in my mind as ideas flow from one measure to the next. Each part of the story culminating in a symphony of words. Its difficult to find time on your own to fine tune the instrument of creativity. I am grateful for the "play time" I am provided with my children's tutoring sessions. We play imaginary Doctor. We sing and we dance, we laugh. Yesterday, I ran through the sprinklers out front with Celia, Spence, and Luba. We made apple crisp and took a walk around the neighborhood noticing every sound; dogs barking, birds singing ,and the wind blowing though the trees.
I used to write about adventures I was not on, but am realizing my life is the adventure I'd imagined. We may not be travelling the world, but we as a family travel the world of imagination, productivity, and resource. I am living a love story, a heartwarming story of service, a spiritual journey filled with adversaries and foes. Frustration and weariness often tempt me to give up, but pushing forward bring satisfaction and happiness. I have to keep myself balanced to overcome. I must be strong in body, spirit, and intellect. Each step I take is moving in a direction that will ultimately take me to my final destination beyond this world. In the mean time I am enjoying friendships, nutritious food, nature, and adventure. These are the times between turmoil and strife. I am a warrior for my family. I am determined to keep my children safe, to teach them all they need to fight against the evils of the world and be prepared to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Limits are in our minds and even for my children that are not the same as all the rest, I rejoice in that and am there to help them recognize and realize their potential. I don't think I will write a novel to publish, or sail the many seas, or climb the highest mountains in this world, but I can do many things here with my growing family and be fulfilled and inspired by the network of people I come in contact with. There isn't time for extended vacations on my own, but I wouldn't want it that way, there is much to do and more to enjoy in the amazing dynamic of this wonderful position I hold as mother. Each lesson taught and learned add to the depth of our relationships that last for forever. I misspell too much to be an author so publishing this blog will do just fine.:) I have 120 pages coming in the mail soon and look forward to archiving these little tidbits of our family life.~
touching!! *hugs*
ReplyDelete