Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Fantastic Folks

I feel rejuvenated and refreshed from my folks visit, just in time for school to end hehe. I am prepped and ready for whatever the summer brings.
That big orange flowered plant is called a kangaroo paw. I'm hoping it will be a large, neat,and unusual plant there.:)

Even at the end of my folks visit, my mom organized inside while My Dad and I planted Flowers and bushes and put down new bark for the summer.
Joseph and Celia before Church. It was a wonderful thing having my folks come to church with us. I got to see Brian teach in gospel doctrine.:)
The two Josephs reading scriptures on Sunday, I love it! Of course my Dad was reading in Spanish so Joseph was happy to translate by reading the English version
Celia was so happy about my parents being here, both her and Joseph were so sad to see them go.
I'm beginning to think chocolate is a great color to decorate with.:) curtains and baskets for the cupboards in front of Spence's swing in chocolate color~

My folks brought a matching chair and bought me this beautiful rug as a Mother's day gift:)
My folks came up to see us for the Memorial Day weekend. We had such a great time. They are so helpful the first full day they were here we made a run to Deseret Industries and the dump to clean and clear our garage. It went surprisingly fast and we enjoyed movies and going out to dinner that evening. We introduced my folks to Long John Silvers. They thought it was a cute fish and stick place, and they didn't even have to travel to Ports of Call! We had many shopping adventures and cleaned out closets. Brian BBQed for Memorial day and it was super yummy like usual. I also love the melon and strawberries, summer bbqing is definitely going to be a regular thing here pretty soon.

On Monday and Tuesday night we had a respite worker come and watch the kids. Monday though Emmy and Joseph came with us. We toured Brian's office, went to the outlet mall and had a delicious meal at Dos Coyotes. I have a mango mahi mahi salad, was super great!:) On Tuesday My folks experienced my busy days of tutoring sessions. They told Brian about how busy I was every second, I loved it:) We were able to attend the temple with my folks after much preparation and hemming of dresses and pants. It was a memorable and happy experience. My mom and I are a like she was craving in n out after so we stopped by, we even got the same thing:) She is sweet and giving, she even hemmed my curtains and cleaned my bathroom, big hug to her.~

1 comment:

  1. your living room looks sooo good like that!!! I love that the rug isn't floral... and the colors are awesome!! Hooray mom and dad Holmes!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...