Life has been busy, really busy. Not with the things you'd normally hear like soccer games and vacation planning and hair appointments. Things like 2 hour parent trainings mulling over how to use my time better to help prevent some of Spencer's behaviors like screaming. Talking with Alta Regional about other kinds of respite for Spence. These things are difficult for me to process and cause stress. Sometimes this; be consistent, never give up, line upon line business is a little trying and tiring. I love that we have respite though. The kids(Joseph & Emmy),Brian, and I went out to Costa Vida and had fun playing guitar hero at Frys last Tuesday. I feel so happy when I can spend quality time with my family. After we got home I listened to Pandora for a while and fiddled around on the computer. It was peaceful and nice. I love and treasure the moments where I really feel like I'm doing something I want to do and am enjoying it. Those moments come a lot with my family, but its okay to have alone time too! This week I have needed that a little more. I went shopping a few nights on my own and even got some super fancy/yummy desserts from Bel Air. I was glad I got the four desserts for ten dollar deal because later I really wanted to clean the fridges and those desserts became an incentive for Emmy and I to clean. Joseph helped with the fridges too and he earned silly bands. Those are those plastic bracelets you see kids wearing everywhere. They bend onto shapes of things when you take them off your wrist and you can trade them. There is always some fad going the kids are into, I'm glad I remember how it was to be in elementary school and Junior high so I can relate to my kids. It really doesn't feel that long ago that I was the one growing up!
Each of are kids are so unique and special. They need so much guidance and help. Not to mention involvement in school and church. We can't go to everything and be everywhere, but somehow our weeks are packed. I feel though that we are choosing the things that will benefit our children in the long run. Spencer is going to be having tutoring after school from 3:30 to 6pm five days a week. Celia is having tutoring four days a week same time. With weekly parent trainings and two team meetings a week, it can be quite busy. I am excited for Emmy's band concert on Tuesday. As an early birthday gift we got Emelie a flute of her own. She sounds wonderful and seems to be practicing a lot more. her and Celia and I shopped all day Saturday for Emmy's upcoming birthday. It was a great opportunity to just hang out with the girls.
Spencer is getting a new teacher tomorrow. I hope she is awesome, everyone cross your fingers and pray for that.:) I am ready for the drama with his school to be done, however If it does go longer, I will be in it for the long haul. Help, love, support, services, and a prayerful attitude will take me through this busy and chaotic time I believe. I'm grateful to Brian, he is so great and I hope to report Spence sleeping through the night soon, which will alleviate a lot of the stress now being endured.:) Even though I feel a time of crisis is something we are going through, I am looking forward to real benefits and rewards. I know all the effort will be worth and and already see great progress and good coming out of all we as a family try to do. I love that its raining outside today and the house smells wonderful from our Sunday meal. We are warm and well blessed and gearing up for the coming weeks. I hope to press forward and keep calm through it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment