Emmy is quite the musician these days. She takes flute during school five days a week then Piano lessons on Saturday and plays guitar for her own leisure whenever she can. I love to hear it. Spencer loves to hear Emmy practice too. Spencer is learning to play the guitar as an independent play skill. He likes to strum and does even better when someone grabs a guitar and plays near him! Emmy played with him on Monday and he was quite happy. We are also teaching Spence to use his bongo drum and he has fun with that too. Its a great creative outlet and hitting a drum is much better than hitting other thins like a bus window all the way home from school, but that is a story for another time. I love Spence and his smiles. He is such a happy boy, he is hard to catch on camera, but I got a few pictures of him here with the guitar he uses which is my guitar from when I used to take lessons from sister Haskins at a young age of ten.:) I have fond memories of that and playing this guitar in college too. Celia has a half sized guitar she named Rosey( I think after the little sister in calliou) and Emmy's guitar is named Claire. We have a new respite worker we use to babysit the kids sometimes named Nadina. She plays the guitar for the kids and has shown Joseph a few things on the piano. We have a keyboard, but its so cute Joe says she is his piano teacher an d how he has to practice.:) I am the music mentor for Joseph's fourth grade class. I go in there once a month and we talk about the elements of music, play instruments and have a lot of fun. Its neat teaching Joseph's class the same material I taught Emmy's class when she was in fourth grade. Its a great program and I'm glad to be a part of it. I learn a lot by doing it too. I hope to make time to play my guitar more and maybe even pick up the banjo:)
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Budding Musicians
Emmy is quite the musician these days. She takes flute during school five days a week then Piano lessons on Saturday and plays guitar for her own leisure whenever she can. I love to hear it. Spencer loves to hear Emmy practice too. Spencer is learning to play the guitar as an independent play skill. He likes to strum and does even better when someone grabs a guitar and plays near him! Emmy played with him on Monday and he was quite happy. We are also teaching Spence to use his bongo drum and he has fun with that too. Its a great creative outlet and hitting a drum is much better than hitting other thins like a bus window all the way home from school, but that is a story for another time. I love Spence and his smiles. He is such a happy boy, he is hard to catch on camera, but I got a few pictures of him here with the guitar he uses which is my guitar from when I used to take lessons from sister Haskins at a young age of ten.:) I have fond memories of that and playing this guitar in college too. Celia has a half sized guitar she named Rosey( I think after the little sister in calliou) and Emmy's guitar is named Claire. We have a new respite worker we use to babysit the kids sometimes named Nadina. She plays the guitar for the kids and has shown Joseph a few things on the piano. We have a keyboard, but its so cute Joe says she is his piano teacher an d how he has to practice.:) I am the music mentor for Joseph's fourth grade class. I go in there once a month and we talk about the elements of music, play instruments and have a lot of fun. Its neat teaching Joseph's class the same material I taught Emmy's class when she was in fourth grade. Its a great program and I'm glad to be a part of it. I learn a lot by doing it too. I hope to make time to play my guitar more and maybe even pick up the banjo:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday
This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...
He must really love that guitar, because he is posing for you!! lol =)
ReplyDelete