Monday, March 14, 2011

Musical~

Its amazing to me that Brian and I haven't been the theatre very much together. I think it was because I had seen Phantom of the Opera several times and he had seen Les miserables and we couldn't find any other plays we thought looked fantastic we could both agree on. Opposites attract right? Our tastes aren't exactly the same which is fine, it makes for a great time appreciating what the other likes. Well we went out with our friends and they were going to see 9 to 5 at the Sacramento Civic center and I thought that sounded great. They got us seats right by them. We borrowed binoculars and I really enjoyed being up high to see the play . The music was great, the actors were animated and as far as I could tell there were no mess ups! True Broadway professionals. Some songs I liked better than others. They had a lead portraying Dolly Parton, She did pretty good singing her songs. It reminded me of listening to Dolly Parton with my parents when I was younger. The song sounded a lot like coat of many colors, but with different lyrics. It was a story about three women and how they were oppressed by the man's working world. the girls were the beautiful one, the new divorced homemaker, and the single mother. They showed their ingenuity, creativity, and spunk after an evening of Marijuana(shocking I know! The play was set in the 1970's..) The story was a slight bit feminist for my taste, but it was all in all pretty fun. The second half of the show was better overall. The costumes and backdrops seem to come alive, the songs were better, and it wrapped up nicely as the story concluded. Its nice to go out with the Goldthorpes. We always have interesting and intriguing conversations and we do things and go places we don;t normally. Its pretty nice to mix it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...