Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our Time Spent


Pretty cool gaggle of Turkeys we saw on the temple grounds.

Its good to focus on the nice things in life, the opportunities that bring us joy, strengthen us and help form closer bonds with our family members. On Thursday Emmy had a opportunity to go to the Temple with her youth group at church. I was off at Celia's IEP triennial to determine her eligibility for transitioning to General Ed kindergarten. It went really well. Celia will have speech therapy for a half hour once a week. She will have a consultation with an Occupational Therapist once to help create a sensory diet, to help her sit well in class. She will have an aide for the first two weeks to help her learn the schedule and get used to the new student teacher ratio. She will attend Kinder boot camp in the summer Monday thru Thursday for fours with typical developing kindergartners from our district. I am so pleased that Celia is doing so well academically and in all sorts of other areas enough to transition out of Special Education. She has come such a long way from saying only a few unintelligible words to now. She has quite the imagination, intellect and social capability. It truly has been a miracle how fast and how well she has caught up in her development. She can ask "May I" before doing things she wants and follow instructions which is what I would like for all my children:)

Emmy and I were able to go to a baptism of two children in our ward yesterday. The music they had was wonderful, I loved hearing my friend Patty's talk on Baptism and the Holy Ghost. Later Emmy and Bri went to Deseret Industries and bought some neat books She loves to be out so it was fun for her! Then Emmy and I went to dinner and the General Young Yomen's broadcast. The theme was the thirteenth article of faith stating what we believe in. President Eyring who is my favorite talked about how we gain a testimony which was wonderful for all to hear even us moms.:)


Spencer had a long night so the boys and I stayed home from church. We went and visited the temple and saw some pretty cool turkeys~ their feathers were fanned out and they were crossing the street, Joseph was nervous around them, but I assured him they weren't like the geese that are so aggressive that we've encountered. He is a sweet boy and I loved being around him. Our days are packed with so much to do, it is nice to stop and realize that the cute things the children do and enjoy that time together before it passes. What we do with and for them are worthwhile and create lasting relationships that I'm sure I will cherish always.


1 comment:

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...