Monday, July 16, 2012

Swimming Sensory Week

























Spence had a week and a day off school in July. Celia had been asking to see grandma a lot and knowing the week would include over 100 degree temps, we took off to LA for a sensory Swim Week. Our purpose was to see the family and  have as much fun as we could while swimming.  We visited the beach, Huntington and Laguna. We did a quick drive by of Dana Point to see our honeymoon place( the Blue Lantern) and San Juan Capistrano to see the Misson. It is amazing that the swallows come their from Argentina each year. Talk about routines, hehe.  Spence has his routine of getting up int he morning going to school, which includes joint compressions, swinging and a lot of other sensory/occupational therapy routines. 

I was amazed how happy Spence was on vacation. It was a blessing.  He was good in the car. We've been practicing good car ride behavior for over a year with the tutors. He hadn't liked our buying a new car with new no eating in the car as a rule.  Everything went better than expected. He did have a few sleepless nights, but he has been doing that a home too.  I'm so glad Spence could be successful in being calm and happy on this vacation. He hadn't been to grandma since Easter 2010 because he escaped during dinner to see the neighborhood and see what their houses on the inside was like.  Happily, we have worked through that escaping behavior with him too.  We hurried home on Saturday and I gave a talk in Church on Sunday.  We were able to do it all. like I said, we are blessed in our efforts.


























Celia wanted to roast marshmallows so we turned on the fire pit in the backyard and enjoyed that with her. We love that Grandma made food for us, it was yummy and we appreciated it. We visited Henry's our fun shoe store that always has unique and fabulous shoes for great deals. I got shoes and a purse! My mom and I also had mani-pedi and it was an overall relaxing, fun trip, success!

2 comments:

  1. What a great week! Great photos! It looks so fun! I'm missing the beach! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know I was missing the beach too! You can go to the sandy lakes there in the meantime.:)

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...