Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Dayz

Surprisingly summer is a busy time around here. Spence still has his schedule of getting out the door by 7:30am to go to his great school.  Emmy seems to need to be shuttled here and there for friend and young women activities, and we've made quite a few trips to the old house getting things wrapped up for the renters to move in there.  It was a highlight of the summer to have Bri and Papa work on the house together. They fixed soo many odds and ends making the home in better shape than even when we purchased it eight years ago. I was most impressed with how the seamless the rip in the screen door came together at the end with Papa's magical touch. They worked on Spencer's door. It needed a lot of framework, a door knob, and fixing of the moulding. The ceiling fan needed to be fixed, all the doors and cupboards rehung in the house, and many a doorknob replaced. Bri was a hero doing the cupoard fix on his own. They fixed the garage door opener that had a short and the kids and I spent many an hour scouring the walls, doors, baseboards, and bathrooms to get things looking a bit better.  All this was good work for the kids out of school.  It made me grateful for our new home and how easy it is to get it clean when starting with a clean, new slate. We will miss our beautiful tile we just put in, but love our new place. Phew, we're happy to have renters in who seem very nice and we can now focus on one home. 










I taught RS last week as a favor to a new friend and now I've been asked to speak mid July.:) I think it is their way of getting to know us. Emmy spoke a few weeks ago on Father's day, I bet Bri will be next.  Brian and I had a lovely date night the The Provence resturant nearby our home. It is a fancy french country Italian resturant. I loved the candles lit, the fireplace on. The salmon and creme brulee were wonderful. We also enjoyed a goat cheese fondue with warm flat bread and artichokes with dipping sauce for appetizers. It was my kind of place! I love that it was so close and such a great night out for us.

Emmy, Joe and I met some friends at Freedom park and let the kids play in the water and on the playground while we talked. It was great to get together with friends.













Tutoring has been in full force all this summer and we have two new helpers; Jeremy and Alicia. They are very nice.  I can't believe we have 'till mid August until the kids go back to school! We'll just keep doing what we're doing and look forward to my parents coming up and visiting Mammoth Lakes with them. Oh, and I can't forget all the fun games we play at night. We played pandemic tonight and were victorious against  the epidemic, it was close and we had a lot of family fun! There is much to be happy and grateful for and I hope writing about it helps us to remember these great Summer dayz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...