Thursday, May 2, 2013

First Grade Fun Field Trip to The Hamburger Farm

I was a little choked up as the busses turned on the street in front of me and made their way to our field trip destination. I'm glad we had Celia. She is 5 years younger than Joseph and it seems I have another opportunity to do these elementary school field trips. I followed the bus on Highway 65 ever so slowly. I couldn't help thinking what precious cargo they were carrying!  It is sweet and I also feel her years in school will go by quicker and I should value our time together.  I'm glad I was there, Celia was my buddy. She played with the other kids, but wanted me around and I helped her get through the "farm" portion of the tour. It was hot and the tour guide spoke softly and slowly about how each part of our hamburger were grown.  Celia loved the marbles, the train, the slide and the animals to pet. She didn't think there was a real pig there, wasn't "pink" enough. We learned about tomatoes, cucumbers, Dill weed, milking cows, growing potatoes, mustard plants, and eggs being used to make mayo and much more. It was a great tour and time.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...