Saturday, April 27, 2013

Spencer's sick day

I rarely write about sickness, but maybe I'll touch on it just a little. Poor Spencer didn't feel well last Monday. I sent him to school anyway thinking he is just suffering from his usual seasonal allergies. Nope, this flu masks itself in allergies then gets really violent! Joseph and Spence each missed two days of school and all in our family except Emmy seem to have experienced some symptoms. It does make you remember to appreciate your health. I have been spoon feeding Joseph's honey lemon to help with his cough and sore throat. We have the humidifier going with and surprisingly the Vicks on your feet at night and covering them with socks, has helped my kids to sleep through and breathe easier. Spencer's birthday was pretty low key, but he did check out his decorations and balloons. He liked the balloons and checked out each and every one. We did get a few smiles from him on his day, and times were pretty quiet around here this week, with sleepers and resting going on.

I took Joseph with me visiting teaching and going to get Spencer from school. He just stayed and watched the Lorax in the van. I hope this sickness runs its course a little more quickly now. Hopefully all will feel better by Monday and Emmy can avoid it altogether.  I was bummed Joseph wasn't well enough to go perform the National Anthem at the Rivercats game, but it was nice to get out of the "infirmary" and go to dinner with Brian and Emmy.~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...