Sunday, February 16, 2014

Acoustic Concert In San Fran.~

The Summer Set! Somehow I was convinced to take Emmy, Andrew, and Kaitlyn to another concert. This one being in San Francisco at The Bottom of The Hill. It went surprisingly well. We left early. It was cloudy out and we've been blessed with some rain lately so it was a gorgeous ride into the bay area. The hills were green. The bridges were beautiful and the sunset on the water was amazing. Traffic wasn't too bad going the way we went. We saw a lot traffic going the opposite way and some emergency vehicles. I prayed so hard that we would have a good time, be safe, and still be able to feel of the spirit even in this bar at this concert in the middle of San Francisco.

 We got a great parking place and began to wait in line. It didn't rain on us although it threatened to the entire time. There was rumor that the first one hundred people to get in the venue would get to meet the band. Sure enough, much to my surprise and the grand excitement of the  kids, we got in that early group. We each got a poster. I told the Summer Set my name was Audrey since they have a song called boomerang that has that name in it. John Gomez one of the band members said "Oh like Audrey Hepburn?" and Jess the drummer signed my name to the poster with a heart and a smiley face.

The kids were blessed to get some merchandise they weren't even selling. Apparently, Kaitlyn left a tip in the jar for the merch guy and he gave them necklaces and rubber summer set wrist bands. This made the kids extremely happy. I was glad the crowd was made of mainly young girls. We weren't exposed to drinking, smoking, or mosh pits which I was grateful for. Yup, we didn't have a clue, we were going to get to meet the band, get exclusive merchandise, and have signed posters when we got there.

The acoustic set was great. The band was funny, talented, and played so great. At the end of the encore set they came into the crowd where we were standing and sang along acapella style. It was like a drum circle. My favorite song they sung was "Young". It was just a guitarist and the singer harmonizing. It reminded me of the good ole days when Brian and I used to go  to see a local band in Provo called Ali Ali Oxen Free. We loved the acoustic folk music sound. I tried to tell Emmy these are great memorable moments that aren't that often. I was glad to see the kids so happy and I enjoyed the show vey much. It is great to mix up the mundane routines with an adventurous trip to San Fran for  a concert. We also tasted some amazing tacos from Papitas on 17th street. I couldn't believe how tasty they were and the salsas they had to go with it. My phone died right as we got there so I wasn't able to get any video or pictures of the concert,  Emmy did, but I will have the experience in my fond memories and am grateful for them.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...