Sunday, February 2, 2014

Family First

Being gone and having so much responsibility makes me feel so appreciative to be home. I want to be home, fold my laundry, rearrange and organize various parts of the house. I love to "play house". You never really know how valuable meals together, clean clothes, organized bills, and attended to children is until it isn't happening proficiently. I love my role as a mother and homemaker/advocate and supporter of my family.

 Yesterday, I took Emmy to Davis for her Speech and debate competition. I helped her practice and prepare. I was able to see many of her speeches and prepare her for the Aurora ball she attended later that night. Emmy is doing better in Speech and debate. She is becoming more skilled and comfortable with her speeches, I'm sure taking drama this semester helps. I'm glad Emmy is doing better in school. I have been advocating for her at her school with her counselors and it has been hectic. We have seen some positive change. I'm grateful that Joseph is a little lower maintenance than his siblings at the moment. He is loving and kind and supportive. He says no, but he will follow through and help out.  I am impressed with Emmy and her kind nature, her patience and her understanding as she makes new friends and support all she knows with special needs. Family, serving others, and acquiring righteous virtues are some of the most important things in life. I love my family, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and my ability to choose these wonderful purposes in this free country.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...