Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Great Saturday

     It has been a long week with new tutors and Spencer out of school. He loves routine and change really makes him feel unsettled and he sometimes acts out. I was happy to have an extra date night this week to celebrate Emmy's boyfriend, Andrew's 18th birthday. What that means for me is I don't have to drive them all over and they don't have to caravan to everywhere they want to go! Andrew got a beautiful new car and they had an amazing adventure packed day. Emmy hadn't been feeling well on Friday so I was glad she was well enough to wake up early on Saturday and surprise Andrew and go to breakfast with his other buddies from speech and debate and church. They picked up his car at the dealership or wherever they got the car then played 5 games of laser tag, decided to go swimming at an indoor pool in town then joined Andrews family for sushi. Brian and I got to go to dinner. I tried spicy tuna roll and it was yummy. Emmy tried several new foods and I helped do her hair( straightening it in the Mikuni restroom lol) for the Mis Mash Priest and Laurel dance after dinner. I told them they needed pictures and that  these would be great memories, but I only captured a few. The energy level of these kids is amazing and they seem to have an endless number of subjects to talk about. Brian and I went to my favorite stores and he spoiled me.

     I now feel ready for more of the challenges of raising my kiddos and life. I got a new set of bath towels that are the softest towels I ever felt in my life. Coziness and wonderfully smelling bath products really do the de-stressing trick for me and I love it. We did take Celia and Spencer for a long drive today and out to lunch. They did well in the restaurant even though spencer cut in line near the end and demanded a dessert cinnamon tortilla, it went better that expected. Vacations don't come often it seems, but the time we have together and the regular respite is wonderful. I'm glad there is so much to celebrate in our lives and that we have the health and blessing to participate fully.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...