Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Up and at Um

Only a few weeks after my surgery, I have my stitches out, am wearing regular shoes, driving and not using crutches. I got a clean bill of health from my Podiatrist. I feel very blessed to have had an easy surgery and no complications with recovery. It wasn't a cake walk, but I'm so pleased about how quickly I am recovering. The next big change we have is changing respite workers. Luckily the interview went well and we have found someone that  works at Spencer's school to watch him. Hopefully her experience with kiddos like Spencer will help the respite time to go smoothly for all. I've been gardening , planting really. I'm hoping we can have these plants for years to come. I keep feeling this spring that you reap what you sow. I don't want to miss out on this cool weather perfect for planting. Celia was home sick from school yesterday and we had great mommy daughter time eating in the backyard and she loved spraying the weeds with round up while she watched me plants. Celia comes up with cute things to entertain herself. She made my name is stickers on pink post it notes around our family room. There was a "My name is God" note on a picture of Jesus. She is so matter of fact and cute. Last night we had great family time listing two positive things about each member of the family. There was some hesitation and some reminders we are being only positive, but it went over well and I was so happy about it.

On Sunday I was worn out, but attended Emmy's vocal performance in youth choir in Antelope. I was so glad I went. The theme was "Come unto Christ". It was powerful to hear the choir. The pieces were different and so sweet performed by great young people. There were narrations, testimonies shared, a talk, and various solo performances. What a great spirit there was there. I was so uplifted. I couldn't pick a favorite song although the group of Hawaiian boys all in white shirts and ties singing praises to their Lord was moving. I'm so glad Emmy could participate.  Another great opportunity Ive had lately was reading(listening) to a book with Brian. We read it almost at the same time and were able to talk about it together. I loved that. We need to do that more often. The book was called "Boy's Adrift" by Leonard Sax. I learned some things and became more aware of studies I have interest in by reading this. Our boys who turn into men are so important and with our guidance can do great things.

I'm grateful for the scout program. I am bribing( giving positive reinforcement) Joseph to accomplish more in scouts. I'm encouraging Emmy to finish and get her young women's medallion. Seminary is valuable. Even the faith in God for primary aged children has great goals to help me to teach my children. Parenting is pretty tricky and I'm glad I have a few helps from community, school, and church, because it takes a village.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...