Saturday, May 10, 2014

Super Saturday

Today was a great day. Celia and I went to the stake activity day. It was quite the production  put on for mom's and their daughters, ages 8 to 11. There were classes, and treats, and meaningful messages shared all the the theme of "Theres no place like home" from the Wizard of Oz. My favorite parts were singing with Celia and hundreds of other women and girls  and hearing a sweet toddler sing her part in a family musical number. My children are growing older, but I'm glad they still need me and we can share precious moments together. Since Emmy had a mock AP test and I was off with Celia, we quickly got her ready for Senior ball. It was hectic, but it worked out and she was happy and looked lovely. I'm glad to support her. The rest of my kids and I went for a car ride after pictures with Emmy for her big night. I loved seeing the my children smile, laugh, and sing. Celia is excited for more activity days and I'm excited for her to meet more girls her age at church.




We had a few hiccups getting ready for Prom. Her hair is curly, but it was awfully hard to get a loose tosseled curl. I painted her nails and there seemed to be a smudge by surprise quite a bit. She had a sparkling nail polish coating so it worked out. Emmys corsage bracelet was too big, so for once she pinned the boutinere with one try and the  corsage required more tenacity to put on. We used a safety pin. I realized Emmy was driving to Prom and so I had Brian put on the new correct fitting hubcaps just in time. They were off to the Serrano country club where they only have valet parking. It should be a fun fancy smancy occasion. Emmy and Andrew are going to go to the Sadie Hawkins dance together too, before school ends for Andrew and he embarks on his two year mission. As a creative invite Emmy made Andrew a pillowcase with cute lyrics from a Relient K song written on it. Yes, she made a pattern by drawing letters, cut them out and we sewed them on until two in the morning. I'm glad she was so creative and I'm sure he can have the fun pillow case as a memory keepsake for quite some time. These years are fun for me. Celia's next!









Andrew's Dad took some great shots of these kids too, so I added them here. Emmy and Andrew are so cute together!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...