Monday, May 12, 2014

Magnificent Mother's Day

I feel like we have been celebrating me or Mother's Day for a week now. It was great having all the cards, kind words, and gifts culminate in a nice lunch with Rah Rah and Papa and having our picture taken. Spencer was so sleepy, his allergies were really bothering him so he took a nap for several hours. Brian Bbqed some steak and salmon. Rah rah brought over her yummy mashed potatoes with chives in them and homemade rolls. We also ate asparagus and lemon loaf for a little dessert. It was relaxing and a beautiful day. Emmy got to come to Relief Society with me at church and sing in sacrament meeting a sweet primary song about mothers. I felt the spirit strongly in Sunday school as we talked about doing the will of the father, (examples of Balaam in Timothy and Martin Harris in Joseph Smith History)having our desires with His and gaining a personal revelation of our relationship with him. It definitely helps us to do the work we are asked to do 
if we know we are loved and supported by our Savior. I've also been thinking about how important is to be kind to others and mindful of our actions and thoughts. I feel very fortunate to have such loving family. We played some games together and Spencer wanted multiple long car rides to finish off a great day. We are blessed.and I think this was the best Mother's day I've had. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...