Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Anaheim Concert


After a wonderful day at the beach we hurried home and ate dinner with my folks and Emmy and I went to Downtown Disney for the concert. The kids in the line were e\wearing black and I was a little worried about what kind of other bands were playing with yellow card. The first band was okay and then the lead singer turned funny. He was cracking jokes and doing disappearing acts and jumping in to the crowd. I was cracking up, it as fun. There is standing the whole time for these concerts, but we got there at just the right tie to have a guardrail to lean on which helped for the first two bands. The next band was Memphis  May Fire. I heard later they're a Christian hard rock bad. They put on quite a show with smoke and lights. The few slow songs they sang were really good. The other rock songs had a bit of screaming in it. I think these alternative folks are sensitive and deep and try to sing for the angst teenagers may be able to relate to. I feel like I got a whole new perspective on that style of music. It was contradictory to see the tattoos and hear them yell one minute and encourage and uplift with kindness the next. Overall , I enjoyed the openers which was an answer to my prayers.  Yellow card was good too. I feel like I know this band well after having seen them four times with Emmy, but this performance was different. It seems like they want to make a difference with their music and have a purpose behind it with their dedication of the song one bedroom to benefit a charity called invisible children. The lead singer's wife is paralyzed and the violinist is still battling cancer and everyone in the band was singing and paying together as if there was no lead among them. I found it interesting and endearing. Emmy of course loved everything about it and was close by wen all the bands came for a group picture at the end. It was quite the concert to attend, very nice. I was grumpy because my feet hurt at the end of the night, but over all it was worth it. I'm glad I'm getting some great time in with Emmy as she is on the cusp of adulthood and leaving the nest for college in the coming year.  I hope that our relationship will continue to be great and grow as she matures.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...