I'm so happy and Proud of Emmy for getting her young woman in recognition medallion. It did take all six years and is quite an accomplishment. She had to do many projects tallying up to ten hours each and she did read the whole Book of Mormon as part of the process. The scriptures and journal writing required are such wonderful steps to take to become strong spiritually in her youth. Brian and I were able to go to Young Women in Excellence and see a video about her, watch her conduct the meeting and share her testimony and Integrity themed quilt. I'm so happy for the proud moments of accomplishment for my good kiddos. Emmy has so much going on getting ready for college and finishing her senior year. I'm glad to have this time together. Since it was date night, we took her to Outback Steakhouse for dinner and Emmy ordered the Filet Mignon. Who taught her to have such tastes? We also enjoyed conference this first weekend in October. I loved hearing Saturdays talks. I did pray about questions I wanted answered and concepts I wish to know more about and those prayers were answered in the talks given that day.
I visited Emmy at her speech and debate competition too. I like that Emmy is I competitive forensics. She can learn great skills for life and I enjoy dressing her up for the competitions. Apparently, for the duo competitions you're not allowed to touch your hair. Emmy wanted her hair all up, so we did and she was looking so professional that day without any band merch bracelets which she missed of course.
We were happy to have Brian back on Saturday evening from his work trip to L.A. and we enjoyed conference and family time on Sunday. We plays some cards and I made a Halloween wreath which I'm excited about since I had given away a few of our decorations last year and one of the tutors sad you always go all out for Halloween. Isn't it your favorite holiday? It isn't, but the pressure was on to get things all festive. I was pretty happy to decorate and Celia couldn't get enough of it. It should be a great month. Bring on the fall festivities!
No comments:
Post a Comment