Thursday, February 11, 2010

Making Progress.

There is so much Joy in seeing my children learn something they didn't know how to do before. Children with special needs seem to take a bit of extra teaching in areas like pedaling a bicycle. I knew summer was coming up and I made myself a goal that with a bit of preparation, a lot of diligence, I would teach Celia to pedal on her bike by June. I had this goal written down. Well to my delight and surprise, today she hopped on her bike and started to pedal. Good thing her tutor was there to let her try it out herself. We didn't answer her usual pleas for pushing.



Look at Me!


Starting to feel pretty happy about making it go all by herself!



Rounding the corner and going faster!









Another corner!







Celia bear is making progress! I'm am very excited to see her being such a big girl with Toileting. She says I'll be right back. She runs and does her business. We really did work hard on it everyday. Each little step broken down. We had timers, treats, all sorts of gadgets and helpers. It really was getting to be quite the chore. Once I said only in the toilet. Something seemed to click and Celia realized how to do it and where it all belonged. She would say to herself, only in the toilet! Hip Hip Hooray! She does well washing her hands and everything. Phew, I am pretty ecstatic about all this progress.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...