Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Twilight~ Review

Team Edward or Team Jacob? I just don't know. Last year Brian and I went and saw Twilight in the discount movie theatre. It was a cute little show that intrigued me. I liked the music, and the setting and cinematography was nice. It came to be determined why Edward this Vampire was so appealing to the crowds of girls that read the book and saw the movie. He is the handsome protector who has almost unlimited self restraint. He is very focused on her and wants every thing good for this human named Bella. How could she be so lucky to catch the attention of a rich, confident, powerful vampire?

Two personalities conflicts I see between this couple are her lack of self confidence and his worry that his being a vampire will ruin her life or that he might take it from her, including its normalcy. In the second book/movie New Moon Edward leaves her and makes it very clear he doesn't want her around, and that he won't come back. She gets very depressed and somewhat psychotic about the whole breakup, however she finds peace and security in visiting a friend Jacob Black. He is her ticket to adrenaline rushes that induce hallucinations of Edward that is nowhere to be found. Bella goes to crazy heights to get that feeling of Edward being back in her life. So then there becomes an added love/friendship with Jacob Black while Edward is away. I think this part of the story is appealing because friends can really fill a void in our lives, especially when we are heartbroken. Its too bad and rather funny when these boys all vi for Bella's attention though.

I think the movie Twilight Saga:New Moon followed the book well. It did however seem to skip around after reading the book and seeing the movie again, spots were filled for me and more of the story made sense. I liked being able to know what the differences were in how they told the story. I really appreciate Stephanie Meyers' way of writing. You can tell others agree by the books' popularity. The stories grab and pull you in and help you view the characters in such a way that you can relate to the character's lives or sympathize with them(except for the fact that we are talking about Werewolves and Vampires of course.) Plus, a lot of the interactions, especially in Eclipse ( the third book) are fun and entertaining. I caught myself smiling a lot while reading the book and rolling my eyes, and gasping in unbelief at how someone was acting. There is more there than a few teenagers in a drama or trying to figure out what they are going to do about the rest of their lives.

Brian and I took Emelie and Joseph to see Twilight Saga: New Moon last night. The kids really seemed to like it. I was glad it was more clean then most PG 13 movies these days. When I got the first movie on DVD I watched it with Joseph. He really liked it and wanted to watch it over and over hehe. He has seen it a lot and did really well on our Twilight Trivia board game. He knows the names of the vampires better then anyone in the family. In the game there were questions about the players too. For instance, one card read: Which player is most likely to place a poster of Edward up in their room? Everyone wrote their answers on a piece of paper then we reached a verdict. All but me said that I would be most likely to have the poster. Lol I laughed so hard. I guess that's what they think about it!~ They are the ones that try to get me Twilight candy all the time and try to push the memorabillas on me! I do always say Edward is better then Jacob though.

I suppose that means I am Team Edward?! I am awaiting the last book, Breaking Dawn, to be arriving in the mail soon. I didn't know the name of the last book and Joseph told Brian the title so they could look for it for me while searching through books. I can't wait to read it. Its kind of fun to see what will happen next. Yes, I am excited about Eclipse the movie coming out in June, but just like most situations like these, the books are better then the movies and they don't do the characters much Justice. I'm no die hard, but these little books have been fun and I might be sad to see the series end.:)

2 comments:

  1. I promise... you will be sad when the series is over! =) lol
    BTW... love the ew background!!

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...