Saturday, November 20, 2010

Deck the Halls


This is my favorite Naivity. I love its simplicity and I enjoyed putting it out listening to Neil Diamond's version of "Oh Holy Night".:)

The kids were glad I saved the tree for them to trim after school. they were happy and excited to decorate early. Celia went to Kohls with me earlier that day and we bought her a present ornament. It doesn't open and there isn't anything in it, but she was so excited to bring it to school and show her friends and put it on the tree. I loved her ooohh and ahhhs she made in the store over all the Christmas ornaments available.

So, I know its early to be decorating for Christmas, but the desire came early especially looking at my calendar and how full it was for the next month or so. I kept thinking when will there be time to decorate for Christmas?? We've had wonderful weather lately, but I knew it would turn cold and rainy soon. It has. Celia and I made pumpkin bread together yesterday. It was yummy and made the house smell good and the oven gave warmth on a cold rainy day. I even brought some to my emergency IEP for Spencer as somewhat of a peace offering.:) This last week has been full of appointments with the neurologist, eye docotor, and pediatrician. Everyone is okay healthwise. We did learn that Emmy has allergies that were causing her some dizziness. This past week we also have had school projects, music mentoring, and of course team meetings, tutoring times, and parent training. I'm hoping it all calms down and I can enjoy the Christmas season without a lot of busy days. I already have my Christmas cards and am hoping to address them little by little to send them out. Emmy wants to exchange homemade gifts again this year. I love that idea, those are the ones we keep and remember. Its wonderful to have children around during the holidays. It is wonderful to create traditions and see how happy the children are.

2 comments:

  1. Neil Diamond?? Noooo... not you too!!! lol
    Love all the Christmas pictures!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Black Friday just isn't the same without you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Thanks. I hope you had a great black Friday and its true, we have lots of great memories together on that day!

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...