Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rolling Hills of California



A few of us took a little road trip to Napa this morning.:)
Too bad this house is for businesses, I fell in love with it even though there was a creepy guy looking out one of it windows after I took the picture. Hehe, maybe I'm the creepy one for taking the picture!
Celia was pretty interested in this painted tree, there were several others like it , but I thought I'd take a picture to remember her cute and inquisitive comments.



One of the benefits of living in the Sacramento area is the accessibility to beautiful places. Spencer had yet another day off of school for President's. He has Monday off as well. I've been wanting to go to Napa and see the beautiful green hills. Celia, Spencer, and I drove to Napa yesterday morning. We just rode around and saw the beautiful sites, but Celia was into it pointing out each bridge and all the cows, a lake, and the pretty green hills. We passed through some fog, but Solano county was gorgeous like after a rain. Big fluffy white clouds, crisp clean air and many shades of green as far as the eyes could see! We went into downtown Napa and I was expecting the quaint Tuscany style adobe houses and buildings everywhere, but no such luck. It was a cute downtown however, I liked the outskirts of the city much better. We were there to see the hills so that's what we did. We needed to get back for Celia to go to preschool so we didn't explore more, but it was a great experience to view some of the beauty in our area! I took some pictures with my camera phone. Sometimes pictures cannot capture the full extent of God's creations, but we have it in our memory.:) I hear that Calistoga ( a city past Napa about 25 miles)has a beautiful area with a tram to some waterfalls and great views of the wineries and hills. That will be another adventure in the near future. We don't even drink wine, but the waterfalls are enough to draw my attention there. Other plans to see waterfalls include several hikes this year with my hiking group I just joined last year and a tentative plan to visit Multinomah Falls near Portland Oregon this spring.Over all, I love the outdoors and living in an area with such beauty all around, not to mention no snow.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...