Emmy and I had an enjoyable morning looking through old scrapbook and remembering celebrations of birthdays past. Emmy is going to have a party with her friends later and Bri is outta town on business so the kids and I decided to celebrate together.
We went to the discovery park by the Sacramento river. It was beautiful out there. We had a picnic breakfast from McDonald's and wandered around. It was nice we seemed to have the park to ourselves other that an American Indian group chanting in full costume preparing for some performance of some kind. I love the happy sounds of live music happening spontaneously, it is one of my favorite things. Joseph wanted to leave right after we ate, but it was so lovely outside we let him sulk a little bit.
We then went to Old Sacramento to the sock shop and the candy store. Emmy opened up a guitar music book and has been enjoying learning how to play her favorite yellowcard songs on her guitar this afternoon. We had pizza that we added pepperoni to, and Joseph made Emmy a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Emmy went and spent the day with Rah Rah yesterday after school she came home with krispy kreme doughnut hats and we used them as our party hats.:) Spence was acting like a teen and throwing us his funny expressions.~Happy 15th Birthday to my wonderfully fabulous daughter Emelie.~
Awe... looks like she had a great day!! Love that first photo of her! She's growing up so fast! Happy Birthday Emmy!! =)
ReplyDeleteThanks! She really is growing up so fast.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun outing! And, great 'party hats' ;) Happy belated to your beautiful daughter!
ReplyDeleteThanks.:) I love being out in nature, thats what I would pick for my birthday fun too! Yeah I love the hats, makes me want donuts though.:)
ReplyDelete