Roller Coaster Ride. That's how I would consider the last few days. One fantastic good thing seemed to be paired with some upset, mess, or disappointment. I had the choice to be positive and hopeful. Spencer's school and bus are having a hard time dealing with him again. I mean a really hard time!
At home we do the best we can trying to make sure he has stability, a voice, all his needs met, and medication that can help him be the most successful. Lack of structure, reaction over his behaviors cause an uprising in my Sweet Spence. Yes, he cannot communicate with words effectively, but he wants and needs to be heard. At home we use thought bubbles, narrating what he would say by looking at his non verbal body language. He smiles and giggles and nods his head as if to say"Yes!, That is what I meant!" It can be a spiritual experience trying to be one with him enough to sense his wants and needs. It also takes quite a bit of spiritual, emotional, and physical strength to deal with his aggressive bouts towards myself, his siblings, and others. What can I do other than say sorry to them and help Spencer to find other outlets, to find his voice, to train him to cope and cooperate positively.
I am still on a mission to capture my life positively. I got a new camera! A Nikon digital SLR with a couple lenses. I love trying it out. I also have the opportunity to go on a road trip to Southern California today. It will be great to see family, relax, and take a lot of pictures! Bri and I went on our date night last night. I was feeling like Italian food so we went to IL Forno Classico. The bread is baked with herbs, so yummy! The balsamic vinaigrette and oil dip has a hint of artichoke in it. That paired with the artichoke spinach ravioli in lemon creme sauce made for quite the comfort food. Now, today I get to leave my worries behind and hit the road in a 2010 Prius and focus on well.. anything I want.:) Its going to be great.. I'll take this ride over any other even with its downs and ups
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday
This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
My Beautiful car was rearended by a teen. It was my dream car and I planned on having it for another 10 years at least. I was forced to deal...
No comments:
Post a Comment