I usually am not big on popular New year's resolutions. This year however I decided it would be wise if I made a resolution to cook more at home. It seems to me there are many benefits to eating dinner at home more. We spend more time with the family around the dinner table, the ingredients are more fresh and not as filled with preservative and artificial flavors..Less calories(if portions are not as gigantic as in some restaurants), and the children learn the routine of preparation(meal planning and time management), cooking and cleaning up skills. Eating more at home is a life skills lesson.
Celia has a tutor named Allie each Monday and Wednesday She helps Celia to learn great lessons and is happy to help Celia help me in the kitchen. Allie and Celia and I did a puzzle Celia got to Christmas then she helped stir the meat on the stove. She proudly announced to Brian that she cooked the chicken herself. I don't mind having these many cooks in the kitchen with me.
It does seem easier to eat out more, but definitely is not easy on the wallet. I love that Joseph and Celia always love to help me cook, it makes my resolution a little bit easier to work on. We made fajitas last night., They were delicious and it made the house smells good and warmed my heart as well satiated my hunger for a home cooked meal.
Thank you for followed me. I following you now :-)
ReplyDelete