The kids are doing well this beginning of the year. Spence has been to a full week of school and is adjusting surprisingly well. He still has his problems, but we are all working together to make this new school and schedule the best for him to learn and grow in. I pray for him everyday to be comfortable , happy, nice to his friends and teachers and learn a lot. Every one of our family members wants what is best for him and I am grateful for that.
Joseph went and saw the podiatrist yesterday. He had been limping and complaining of heel pain for months. We saw our pediatrician about it in November , but it seemed to be getting worse. The Podiatrist suggested we get a very supportive shoe with limited motion and a nice insole. We had a good time at fleet feet getting Joseph fitted in with the right therapy shoe and insole. He was running around the store and smiling all afternoon. He is to wear the shoes all the time and so far he has. He was asking me if I've ever been so happy that I started laughing, as he giggled with delight. It was so cute, it made me tear up. He reports no pain and isn't limping. The Dr. seems to think he will grow out of this Seavers condition that is common in boys ages 10-12. I am happy he is okay and things are going better for him. He took one minute off his regular mile run time this last wednesday, after getting the new shoes.:)
I picked up Emmy today from the airport where she had been visiting my mom and Dad since the weekend of New Year's Eve. It sounds like she had a grand time playing the piano everyday, seeing Sherlock Holmes 2 in the movie theatre, going to Knott's Berry Farm, and going to a race track birthday party for my Nephew Kieran's 9th Birthday. I was glad to hear Emmy helped out taking down Christmas decorations with my folks too. I think it is great for Emmy to spend quality and quantity time with the grandparents.
Emmy was missed, especially by Celia. Spencer also was carrying her pecs picture around and was quite ruffled as he looked for her last weekend. I didn't realize how much Celia plays with Emmy. She was by Bri or my side all week. Today, Celia wanted to be a princess and asked to see my wedding dress. She loved trying it on and I snapped a few pictures. Celia says she wants to wear it someday. I liked hearing that even though she will most likely change her mind. I appreciate having a girly girl and her great time in dressing up and dreaming of marriage and being a princess, so cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment