Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cha Cha Changes

What you see here is a breakfast nook right? Well, it used to be my office. Too many folks in the family thought eating breakfast at my desk while watching Netflix was a good idea, so I decided to change my desk area.:)
This is where my old desk turned entertainment center. So far so good at avoiding messes and keeping the electronics safe.

A new year brings new surprises and expectations. I am all for some changes, like changing to more healthy habits, a more organized home, a less anxious attitude, a new place to visit. But what if the changes are something you aren't ready for or take you off guard? I know things work out in the end. I know that Spencer's change to a new school proved to be a great change for him and he hasn't even been there that long. We have a great in home program, they do so well they are getting promoted and moving up. That means new people coming in, but like all things it doesn't go forever. I learned yesterday that Spencer's tutoring hours will be fading out this next six months or so. Spencer is starting to learn and grow and develop more. I don't want that to be interrupted or stalled because of the us moving in a more independent direction.
Spencer will be of high school age later in 2012, Joseph a junior higher, and Celia will attend a full day at first grade. Did I mention Emmy will be driving?! Where did the time go?

None of these changes are really negative, it will all just take some getting used to, like the fact that my graduation from high school was 20 years ago?! Great things going on currently are; I have time to read and take part in a Book of Mormon challenge, read the book in 100days. Also, I have had the opportunity to go and get massages.(boy, before I was missing out.) I am finally getting a handle on laundry in my life.

I love to teach Sunday school and to try to make a difference in their lives. Teaching also helps me ponder on lessons I can teach my own children.
Spencer did awesome coming to my class last week. He was a little loud, but that fits right in with the other 13 year old boys I teach. The classmates included Spence by responding to his words he pressed on his GO Talk and we all were able to learn and grow together. Bri is getting a work car, hopefully Spence will adjust well to that. He did not like it when I had a different minivan at all, although he is cool with it now and we plan to make a trip in it to Colorado this summer.:)

I figure the best way to embrace these changes is to see the good in them, be positive and courageous, and hopeful. Looks like it is going to be a great, eventful year!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great re-arrangement! Change can be scary and overwhelming, but usually brings about some great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a positive outlook, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...