Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yummy~




Incredible. That is how I would describe our first product produced with out new 2qt Ice cream, frozen yogurt sorbet maker. I bought it with making the low calorie sorbet in mind, but the ice cream recipes were too tempting.:)
We made the chocolate mint ice cream with Andes mints in it. Maybe I'm a little nostalgic since we had Andes mints on the tables at our wedding reception, but they are delicious! We found the maker on sale at big lots. I know that my sister and her family love their kitchen aid ice cream maker attachment and use it often, so I thought it would be great to give this a try. We can even make slushy and super cream frozen drinks with this.
I love to cook with my kiddos help. Celia and Spencer helped me this morning to make the ice cream and it was a great time seeing their excitement and involvement. Spencer didn't want me to take the sticker off the front of the machine and was quite interested in the hand mixer. I got a vintage one from our next door neighbor's moving sale. I love it, such and old style. They just don't make things the way they used to! I sound old saying that, but it is true.:)
Spencer is out of school for a total of ten days. We have been having respite and filling our days with fun activities, so we are making it just fine. He is going to be sad to go back to the heavy routines again, maybe. I'm grateful for the yummy things we can make at home and the memories we are making. I think We'll have Salmon and Rice Pilaf tonight, its a plan!

1 comment:

  1. Mint ice cream sounds delicious! I love Andes mints and feel emotionally connected to them because of a running joke with a friend in college. Amazing what can bring back memories!

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...