Sunday, May 20, 2012

Newness News





The new ward we are meeting at is nice. I can feel the spirit strongly there, but everything is new. I love how the gospel is the same no matter where you travel.  It does feel a little bit like being on vacation, in a new house, except there is a lot to organize and keep straight.  I'm glad for the phone calls and friendly faces I've seen around.  Change can be stressful even if it is a great change!  Some thing are the same.~We still have our tutors come over for the kiddos and we still have had Young come for respite. Bri and I had a lovely dinner at a restaurant called Mongolian Bliss. It's so fun to pick what will be cooked in delicious sauces, veggies, and meat combination. I loved the their coconut soup as an appetizer and the sweet vanilla soft serve cone for dessert. Brian and I walked around and saw a wetland reserve just right there in town and saw a beautiful sunset.  Celia, Joseph and I rode our bike a little in the front yard. We are slowly making our memories together here.

As I go to clean the other house, it is empty. Filled with memories, but somehow hollow without the hustle and bustle of my family in it, with our things. Home really is where your heart is. We are adjusting fairly well, even Spencer doodle. I love that there is room to fully extend your arms in the hall of our new house. I love the curves and color of the concrete and the landscaping in the backyard. I love that I have a tub I don't have to share with the kiddos, and I love that I enjoy keeping up the beauty and cleanliness of this new home. 

There are a lot of end of the year activities for the kids in their school and they are enjoying that quite a bit. I do a lot of driving and things are a bit farther away. I am looking forward to having things more in "walking distance" as Emmy likes to talk about. So far there is only a CVS store nearby, but soon we will be going to the park and the kid's schools in walking distance.  We have a new spot for family prayer and scripture study. I hope we can teach our children well and they can learn a lot in this new and great situation.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...