Monday, May 28, 2012

Marching in Memorial Day Parade


We were up at at 'em early this memorial day morning. Emmy needed to be dressed  and ready for a Town parade. Her marching band were to perform in the parade. I decided to grab a camping chair and go and watch Emmy. It was a lovely day out and being on the parade route was a prime spot for people watching.There was a heated exchange between to guys near me, I feared they were get into it. I sat near a Veteran from the U.S. Navy. It was heartwarming see how many people stopped and Thanked him for his service. He was an orphan and when he came of  age he enlisted. 28 years of service and you could see his decorated hat and jacket. He saw my DSLR camera and apparently was a photographer so he had a lot of tips for me. Another lady I sat next to gave me a diet Pepsi which I saved for Bri. She was appalled all they had was diet when they offered a free soda with her hot dog meal. My pink camping chair was old and had been left out in the weather,so when it began to rip and eventually fell apart I wasn't surprised. Although I was a little embarrassed when I fell through. I sat near strangers, yet they were cheering for Emmy by the end since I told them about her before they passed.

Emmy's band uniform was way too big so they had to use a lot of safety pins to try to make it fitted. She joked that they were star trek outfits. They did look spacey, but not so much with the black plume on their head when they performed. They did a great job and I'm glad I went and saw her. I was in a parade when I was Emmy's age. I was in drill team. I like it when I feel like Emmy is having experiences that I have had before, at least similar ones.
















Emmy is the second person behind the I in the Titan band.~





3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! What a great morning! Did you get a pic of her in her uniform? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did, but it was wayyy to big on her and to quote Emmy " It looks a little bit liek a Star Trek Uniform." Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... yes, but after the safety pin story, we had to see it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...