Monday, June 4, 2012

The Bed of Captain Emmy





Awaiting the time her bed will be delivered and set up!

Emmy was happily playing some tunes on her guitar while her bed was being set up!






Emmy is the Captain of her own destiny! I've been feeling nostalgic as I have seen and heard of the graduation ceremonies going on the past few days. Emmy sang at the seminary graduation at the Antelope Stake Center last night. They read her name for having finished the curriculum or the Old testament for this year in seminary. That is no small feat in my opinion. I was happy to hear from her teacher how she seemed to answer questions and "likened the scriptures unto herself" by giving examples of the principles taught in her daily life. I am beaming with happiness to hear her time there has been beneficial to her and her class. The freshman class won the scripture chase this year and her teacher said their class was the most amazing class he had seen.:)

Emmy has a lot of belonging and memories she keeps. Grandma and I have been dreaming of a captain bed for her for many years because of all the storage space! We saw some T-shaped bunk bed like that long ago, but there was no space in our house at the time. So now that Emmy has her own room in our new home, she has her captain bed with bookcase head board. I think this will be a great piece of furniture for her to love for years to come. Thanks to Grandma Holmes for pushing and making the dream of this bed come to fruition! It is fullsized and I hear Rah Rah and Emmy are gong to make a bedspread and valance together. It will be so special! More organized and beautiful Emmy's room will be, which will help her to focus on setting her course for her great future. Hip Hip hooray for Captain Emmy!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...