Saturday, June 16, 2012

Wrestling Routine

All the kids were out on summer break this week. Spencer specifically has a set routine. He is out he door by 7:30am and has a van ride, some sensory, and breakfast all before most kids on summer break are even awake.  To try and fulfill this need for order in Spencer's life we made our own little routine. We'd go to the park and swing each day. Some days were earlier than others.

Yesterday we were in full swing swinging at the park by 7am!  It is great to be out in the sunshine before it gets too hot and to have time to just sit on the swing and hold hands together. I was to swing next to him and then to push him from the back, then swing him around by flinging the chain back and forth quickly. He then turned a different way to swing and we switched places.  Spence did pretty well this week at home and I think him having a little control over his routine and getting out and doing something he enjoys helped him to endure all the downtime.  One of the days this week I had Merlene come and I took Emmy and Joseph over to the old house. They helped me with a few things and Emmy and I went shopping later. She loves to go to Dimple(a store that sells new and used media). She is going to be a collector like her Dad. The other kids had a lot of fun playing with water balloons and squirt guns in the backyard. I came home early and Celia wanted me to go back out so she could play some more, so I did :)  We went to Royer park too this last week. There is rarely anyone there and that is good since Joe brought a knife he found in our moving things, Silly boy!











                                               
Celia doesn't want to be in pictures anymore. She has been wanting to go to the beach,so we built a sandcastle! Well the pathway to one.:) We need to get over to the real beach, maybe with some respite time.:)


I'm really grateful for respite. It is difficult to be a patient, kind, loving, teacher, and mother all the time without breaks. I'll take them and am happy to have them! Weekly dates are part of our routine and I love it! Last week we went to Chevy's ( Mexican)and after to the store to buy some drinks for the family this week. It has been very hot out. Our new home keeps cool nicely and we are loving it all around. Spence seems to be doing better behaviorally at this house which is a nice reprieve.:) Maybe we can have him acting well as a routine here! I think Spence will love going back for summer school on Monday.  They will be swimming and doing all their wonderful speech, occupational therapy, and classroom routines and we can get back too our routine of relaxation after work at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...