Saturday, August 17, 2013

Colorado Cabin

When we first get to the cabin we have to go into town and get food. This usually involves a trip to the local grocery store and some visiting Sanford and Manasa. We visited the Sanford cemetery this time. Celia insisted on getting out and placing flowers on each of the headstones. Good thing there was morning glory growing everywhere waiting to be picked. I'm not a fan of cemeteries, but it is nice Celia is so concerned with her ancestors and hearing the stories of who is who. We visited Platoro reservoir .It was very low this year and almost a turquoise color.  It was a bit too rainy for a picnic when we were there. We didn't mind. I was able to snap a shot of a few wildlife as the clouds cleared. We were able to get picture and nice little nature walks in. We had to drive through a washed out area of road and 4 x4 over a tree in the road from the storm. It was a fun adventure. Eventually someone from the county told us to turn around and we did. Not until we had seen two waterfalls and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I loved the clouds there and throughout all of Colorado and New Mexico.

Emmy and Bri made to the meadow this year and were pleased to get home just in time for the rain to start pouring down. I was worried when I saw the lightning and heard the thunder, but all turned out just great.  Each day Spencer and Brian would walk down to the river. After a while we'd take a family ride to see the beautiful area. We visited the Rio Grande Gorge. They had vendors there and it seemed commercialized, but we still got a kick out of the view. We walked around Taos and ate at the Lot a Burger for the green chiles on the burgers of course. I was happy to stop off and get some beautiful earrings at a souvenir shop on the way out of town. We passed thru San Luis and after much searching found a restaurant to make us some sopapillas.:) Brian is so great to indulge me in looking for such treats. I think the lady was surprised when I ordered ten of them, but sure enough they were gone the next day. Spencer liked them a lot too.

We are long overdue for a family picture. I decided the BBQ in the backyard of the cabin could hold my camera while I set the timer and jumped in the picture. We only got two shots, but hey A family photo! We are perfect and are quite the characters so our photo should be too, I think. I'm just happy for anything we can get. We are a happy family so that is what counts!
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...