Saturday, August 17, 2013

Getting There

I forgot how nice it is to have a mountain rain in the summer. The air is so crisp and the site so beautiful as the rain subside. the drops dry up, and turn all the grasses green.  I'm glad we brought sweatshirts, because it was a cool temp and we loved being cozy in the quiet reaches of Colorado for over a week. Happily, the car ride went very well. Spencer was great! All that practice with the tutors driving and getting used to people in the car really paid off. Black Canyon, Gunnison and Blue Mesa Reservoir were as pretty as I remember. We saw many a family Dollar on our trip. Brian loves to spoil  us so we'd stop quite frequently and get treats, toys, and activities to makes the troops so happy. I loved the hand held back massager. I could get Joseph to use it on my back when the car rides seemed a little long and I needed to relax. The sunset was nice when we arrived by Mogote Peaks. We were troopers and so were so happy to make it to the San Luis Valley.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...