Saturday, August 17, 2013

Starting our Journey

I was a little apprehensive about how well it was going to go traveling to the cabin with our family. Close spaces and long hours seemed daunting. Just like with all things a piece by piece, a little at a time we were able to make it and have a great, successful trip to the cabin and many more places. Our first stop was Payson Utah. We were going to see the cousins, uncle Lance , and Aunt Dawn. I couldn't believe how much Utah had changed. Mainly the roads. It seemed everything had had some sort of construction recently and was revamped. There were more stores, bigger highways, and our old town of Draper seemed unrecognizable. BYU campus seemed in renovation mode as well. I did enjoy reminiscing with Emmy and Spence driving to Bridal Veil falls, around Orem, and stopping off at scone cutter. We went by our first home and visited with the Sanovich's. It was great to see them. Oh My, time has flown by and how our kids have grown up! Nicole gave Spence and Emmy "creamies" and she made me tear up as she told me to come back an d visit for longer again and how Spencer has a special place in her heart. This vacation really was in part of having Spencer be part of the group. He usually stays when we venture out. he was happy and adjusted well to the many different beds, showers, and states!

Dawn gave me the tour of Payson. The temple is coming along beautifully. I loved the cream color and nice location near the mountains. We hit Taco Bell a lot since that is Spencer's new favorite place to eat and he requests it with his IPAD. Brian and lance had a lot of brother  time playing board games galore. All that strategy and planning required for gaming with these guys is good for the brain, but I enjoyed playing one game.~ I liked watching Mason and Joseph fly swat like it was a basketball competition reaching higher and higher. Celia and Taylor played in the sand box in the back yard almost all day and had the "best bubble bath" ever afterwards. I appreciated the hospitality that was shown to us. I need a cute heart shaped light that shines towards the window and a air freshener that sprays as you walk into the room, so the room is always lightly scented with a yummy sweet candle like aroma.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...