Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December Dealings

Spencer's procedures went well. He had a upper endoscopy and colonoscopy due to some major weight loss and some apparent discomfort while drinking.  We felt loved and supported. Many thoughts and prayers buoyed us up. Spencer was aggressive towards Brian while waiting in the waiting room, but we got the best nurse to take his vitals and prepare him. It was calm and fun and nice. The Dr. and anesthesiologist were the best at what they do. Spencer's recovery was so great compared to the other moaners int he area. Spencer woke after a while and ate a Popsicle. He enjoyed eating after the fast necessary for the work being done.  My friend Sarah was participating in the light the world service project the church is promoting to do service for 25 days until Christmas. Their family goal that day was to make someone smile. They chose Spencer and showered him with love via giant card, homemade drawings, candy and a burned CD of Dance music. Spencer was so happy and protective of his gift. I am so glad and feel very blessed that more serious problems weren't found. I am hopeful that he can heal and get back to normal.

Celia and I went to the Granite Bay creche festival with my folks. There were many beautiful nativities, but I enjoyed one that was a picture of a group of people gathered near a cave an looking at the swaddled up baby. It made me believe the actual seen was something like that.  Celia wanted to dress up for a live nativity and wanted to be an angel. We dressed up with her. I did this many times with the other kids as they were younger so it was nice to get a chance to do that with her.  These girls won't let me rest and not celebrate Christmas as much. They are task masters for wrapping presents and decorating. We are celebrating a lot. I already went to a ugly sweater Christmas party and we have a few more events this month before Hawaii. We will miss the KJ Christmas party although we were invited. Spence and I went by the temple on a ride and it was so peaceful there. The snapdragons planted there reminded me of Utah. I'm feeling grateful for all my good memories from when we lived there.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...