Saturday, July 18, 2009

Weekend Escape~











The Opera House, Yeah I aimed too High with my phone camera hehe~

















Respite is worth its weight in gold when an opportunity to meet Brian in San Fransisco for work arises. :) Judy was willing and able to come watch the kids so I could go and spend time with Brian. We were able to find a great restaurant on the bay front called Zandolins, it was really nice with a beautiful view and yummy food! We were floored we had the restaurant to ourselves, they said they just switched from catering only to restaurant status, it was a great find, especially for a Friday night. Brian had a whole lot of seafood and I tried some of his calamari, shrimp, and even Oysters, but I Couldn't tried the Muscles, Eww! We visited Golden Gate Park, (a must see in my opinion). King Tut's Sarcophagus is currently on view in a museum there, which looked so interesting to see, but a little crowded for our tastes. I love the plant life and memorial statues and great buildings there, it is so beautiful. We walked on the beach, but the fog literally floated in front of us, rolled in and things got cold! After 100 degree weather in Sacramento I didn't think to bring a jacket, but I should have! Highlights of the area were passing the San Fransisco Opera house, seeing all the greenery and my favorite pine trees that only seem to grow in the bay area all misshapen and dark green!, getting stuck in traffic on the bay bridge on the way onto town, the view was surreal and I was amazed at the sailboats moving, it looked fake, and of course the beautiful view of the bay and palm trees from our Hotel.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I found your blog through Marci Leishman's list and I love stalking old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stalking I mean stopping here, I'm glad you found it here and commented!:)

    ReplyDelete

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...