Sunday, August 23, 2009
Ready, Set, Cozy!
It was a nice cool morning today. I thought about wearing a jacket to church today, but convinced myself it was a little premature for cozy fall cover ups. The chapel and classrooms were freezing though from the AC they had pumping for what usually is a very hot time of year. School is in session, its almost September and I am getting excited for Autumn. My attempt to make soup today was thwarted by a salt spill however, I did make enchiladas with jalapenos, which yummy smell permeated the house. I have my candle all ready to burn in my room and I do admit I even started looking at Halloween costumes in a magazine. I think Celia Jean would make a darling Little red riding hood, which she already had the perfect red cotton jacket with a hood! The children will make crafts and have parties, and just enjoy the time as young kids. I love the warmth of comfort food, sweet smells, the excitement of preparing for and celebrating Thanksgiving, Harvest, Halloween, and Christmas. Its more time to make memories with the children and really return to being home together and feeling cozy! Some may say they'd take their vacations in the summer over a bowl of soup in the fall, but not I. Its going to be a wonderful season and I'm welcoming it with open arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday
This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
My Beautiful car was rearended by a teen. It was my dream car and I planned on having it for another 10 years at least. I was forced to deal...
No comments:
Post a Comment