Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Waterfall Hikes

We hiked up to two falls this year. The first one was off the Alamosa river route. I don't think its very well known. I didn't have a big pocket so Emmy carried my camera and when we got there she didn't have it lol. Its extremely green there and rains everyday, so we didn't get pictures after we found my camera on the ground where she needed to crawl under a tree to move on hehe. The next day we headed up to Zapata Falls near the great sand dunes. Its on Mount Blanca which is 14K in elevation. We weren't near the top, but its a great sight and a fun hike.:) Celia hopped on Brian's shoulders for most of it. I wonder what ever happened to the backpack we used to use to hike Emmy and Spence all around??
All the kiddos. Its great to do things as a family.:)

Taking a rest, its nice they have benches at the top!











Bri & I took turns going to the falls so the other kids could play in the stream and enjoy the water.





Celia & Emmy being friendly~






Bottom of Zapata Falls







This is the cavern on the way into the waterfall, there was so much rock, it really is beautiful and the water was so loud in there.:)








Me before the climb in further




















I've always loved waterfalls. Tommorow is Brian and my 15th Wedding anniversary and we went to the cabin for part of our honeymoon. We went hiking all over looking for waterfalls back then and even this year's family trip to the cabin included, you guessed it, waterfall hikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...