It was a great opportunity for Brian and I to go The Evening with Richard Lyman Bushman. He has written among other things the book entitled; Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling. Brian is a fan of history and especially church history and Joseph Smith. It was great to hear from this Author. He spoke of Joseph and Emma and their relationship. It was totally entertaining and thought provoking to me. After he spoke his wife, who also teaches at Claremont University school of religion, spoke to us about writing our stories, keeping an account of our lives and learning and growing and producing information for our families and those in the future. It was great and I was happy to have been journal keeping more lately and I feel it might have even been a plug for blogging.:) Then, after his wife spoke, he opened it up for questions and answers about our early church history. Hard questions were brought up and he answered wonderfully and with great poise concerning polygamy in the early church and various other hard topics. It was great to learn so much and to have someone that has studied so extensively the beginning of our culture and religion give insight of that era. Plus, there was yummy Mexican food, cake, and beautiful surroundings on a large ranch on a hill in Loomis.
I was really glad we could do something that Brian has so much interest in that I could enjoy too. I did ask a question though and it was hard to deliver for me once the whole crowd turned and looked my way! The people there seemed to be well read and full of culture and I choke when so many eyes are on me. I was glad I participated though and from what Brian said you couldn't tell I went pale and felt very nervous when I had the speaking floor for my question hehe. Fun stuff, I hope I remember all the wonder principles , doctrines, and great feelings I had that night.~
No comments:
Post a Comment