Poor Celia, the Friday before last she seemed to have watery eyes and a little cough. Next thing we knew, she had pink eye in both eyes and a pretty mean cold. Everyone in our family has caught this terrible cold. I cancelled all the meetings and appointments I had all week that weren't cancelled already from others being sick too! Lots of rain, relaxing, and nursing everyone back to health has been just fine. I hope we are going to be up and running and back to normal soon, but I feel we are still blessed to have our long term health intact. I'm grateful for priesthood blessings, different cozy comfort foods, and even the little flavored water pouches I got at Costco with a coupon last week.:) I enjoyed watching Julie and Julia while eating the stew featured in the movie made by Rah Rah.
I was happy to be able to get a babysitter for our Ward Dance on Friday Night. I thought it sounded cute that our ward was going to have a dance. Apparently, they had a ward dance a few years back in February and it went over well. I'm glad we went. It was really fun to dance among friends, all older folks like us. Just kidding. Its seems like they only have those for the youth! We just couldn't remember the last time we we went to a dance! They had us share "Our Song" and there was a paper to guess whose was who's. I was happy that many of our friends guessed ours. Cozann said I knew that was yours because you guys are the only cool ones who would have Talking Heads be the group that has your song. Its Sugar on my tongue, not exactly mushy, but its fun & we like it.:) I'm sure people there were surprised at our dance moves, but when I realized we were just amongst friends, I cut loose a little hehe. It was way after ten when we left and it seemed like the party was just getting started.
On Saturday, we went out to lunch at La Bou's. I can't believe I've never gone there. It was totally my type of place. Cranberry Turkey Sandwich Panini with Country Potato Soup mmmm. It was perfect for that recovering from a cold comfort food I was talking about. My mom was talking to me about how they had been sick and she had made Chicken Tetrazini. I got the recipe from her and made it that day. It was a hit, especially with Emelie. She had it as an after school snack the next day.:) I put the recipe on our Davis Family Cookbook blog.~I didn't get as much done during the week as I planned, but I was glad as the kids stayed home from school, we had one on one time, they napped, and I was happy to help cheer up , sing songs, and give medicine for all their discomforts. We aren't out of the woods yet, We missed Stake Temple day because we didn't want to get folks sick and Only a few of us get to attend church, but it makes us grateful for family time, a warm home, food, and our health that I'm sure will be at full soon.~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday
This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
My Beautiful car was rearended by a teen. It was my dream car and I planned on having it for another 10 years at least. I was forced to deal...
Sorry to hear everyone's been so sick!! That pink eye is terrible! Hannah had it in both eyes too and she was miserable.
ReplyDeleteLa Bou's sounds like my type of place....yum. And I would love to get a copy of the Chicken Tetrazini recipe. Sounds delish.
http://daviscookbook.blogspot.com/ is where you can find that recipe:) Aw poor hannah. Good thing these illnesses can be treated these days. I wonder if La Bou has and Resturants down south! You'd love it~
ReplyDelete