Monday, September 13, 2010

Girls Going Out.~

I loved hearing the violin from this young talented Artist named Jenny Oaks Baker. It was so calming and wonderful to hear her play, It was my favorite part of the weekend. I bought her best of CD.:)
Ardeth Kapp~
John Bytheway is pretty funny, but he was giving good advice about appreciating your hubbys. I saw him when I was at EFY when I was seventeen years old. He still looks the same!
I went to the convention with Liz Goldthorpe and Laurie Jensen from my ward. It was a lot of fun. We made our own lunches for Saturday, it was more of a pot luck of healthy foods. A man walking by even stopped and said wow what a great healthy lunch and asked about our red totes we had that were matching from the convention. Everyone we talked to in Sacramento seemed to love the idea of the Time Out for Women and the cute red bag. They even were talking to us about the red tote in the Home and Garden convention we dropped by after we were done. On Friday night, we were stopped by the drunk driving inspection barricade. They were saying they saw a lot of us women after they asked us if we had been drinking or if we were wanted. It was funny, especially Liz's response to them asking.
Jill Manning was inspirational. She is a marriage and family counselor which I love because that was what I was going to be when I grew up! She was very poised and professional and really seemed to know about what does work and what hinders a family unit. She was bold in talking about pornography and gave us a clue on how we can combat pornography from creeping into our families. I thanked her afterwards and told her she was brave. I could tell not all the audience was into it, but I appreciated her talking about such a difficult subject.
I have to say Brian was the greatest for coming home early on Friday and Spending all his Saturday taking care of the kids so I could participate in Time Out for Women. It was a long time, but was so energizing to be with other women and hear such inspiration music and word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...