Cool things have come to past because of having tutoring for the kids. One that may seem kind of silly is I was introduced to this cool website called Loseit. Its a free program where you can track what you eat and how often you exercise and it calculates and records it for you. One of Celia's tutors named Jono lost almost 30 pounds doing this and I thought I'd give it a try. Three weeks later I am 9 pounds down and have learned a lot. I think the most valuable thing I've learned is to notice what I take into my body. I think just like tracking fiances ,its good to be aware of your budget, even if it is for calories not money. The website program even lets me plug in caulking and painting my home as exercise and calculates calories burned.:) I painted Emmy's room eggplant on one wall. It looks nice and looks a bit more like a soon to be highschooler resides there.
Emmy was able to have a friend over on Friday. The rest of us were occupied with tutoring, they had peace and quiet from the brother and little sister and seemed to have a grand time. They jumped on the trampoline in the backyard, which we use so Spencer for sensory activity. We do all sorts of great things with tutoring, the kids bounce on a exercise ball, we play with moon sand, make music with real instruments or band hero, blow up balloon animals, have peer play dates regularly, and draw murals on the retaining wall in the back yard while exploring nature. Celia named a mini snail recently, it was cute!
It is a rich learning experience and is great for me to associate and work with so many wonderful people. Currently, I have a consultant named Yvonne, a lead tutor named Luba and Spencer had two tutors; Andy & Stacey. Celia's recent tutors names are Jono and Alicia. Celia is getting a new tutor since her other one is on temporary medical leave for pregnancy, Celia is fine with it, its just more friends to meet and play with to her. With all these regulars coming five days a week and the supervisor dropping in, other people coming to shadow and review the workers, it gets to be a full house around here. I appreciate the support. We went on a community outing with all the Kids and Luba & Andy. They were a great help to have extra eyes and hands to move through the registration line and be able to get on with our day without too much turmoil.
I used to dread them coming over because that meant everything had to be cleaned and organized. What a great motivator to get my home cleaned and organized! It is quite busy and stressful at times and a lot of hard work, but I am seeing progress in my children that makes it all worth it. I am growing into it, the routine and demands of it all, and treasure the friendship, learning experiences, and opportunities this program creates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday
This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
My Beautiful car was rearended by a teen. It was my dream car and I planned on having it for another 10 years at least. I was forced to deal...
I heard about Loseit too! A friend of mine has it on her cell phone so she can track on the go too. I might give it a try!
ReplyDelete