
Joseph was cute telling me "Its my only Day off!" as I offered to take him hiking with me on Friday. My hiking group the Roseville hikers has been going each Friday for a month now. I was excited to hear about a waterfall hike, since that's one of my favorite things to do, but the kids were out of school. Merlene our sweet respite worker that we have had for 7 years on and off was able to come and watch Joseph and Celia while I went hiking. It was close by in Auburn. It is very peaceful to be out in nature and I knew it was what I wanted to do with my time off. Or is it a time out from responsibilities and worries. Something about being in nature, finding water, and returning home fills my cup. Even though I was with others and some of them had their children, it was nice to just ponder and take in the sounds of the stream, falls, and cool breezes. It was a hot day and we hiked down so the return was hiking upwards. It wasn't too difficult(3 miles a little rocky), just enough to feel like it was great exercise and relaxation.
No comments:
Post a Comment