Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Watching Joseph


Last night Brian, Emmy, Joseph and I went and saw "Joseph Smith and The Golden Plates" in a movie theatre in Rocklin. It was a great movie experience. There were a lot of people there and so many people dressed so modestly, it felt like we were at BYU again.:)
We had refillable soda and popcorn since I hadn't eaten in a while and needed to have a little something. We saw a few people we knew there (Emmy saw her good friend Kimberly Snelson and Shelby Griffiths, Katelyn's sister.) and I really liked being there with the family.
The movie starts in on Joseph's life as he is working towards acquiring the golden plates. I liked the actors they chose and the storyline is true to the historical happenings of that day. I liked the parts with Emma and it was very informative for those who are learning about the early church.
Emmy wanted to know why all of the actors had crooked teeth, lol. We talked a lot about the olden days and I think she was happy to be born in this time period. We went to In N Out after, so yummy. It was a great early birthday celebration for Brian. He said this was best movie on Joseph Smith he has seen so far. I'm glad we were all able to go together and that we could support this movie effort. We bought the DVD and maybe there will be another part of Joseph's life portrayed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...