Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New couch, for the win!



It feels Christmas like to me as I bask in the happiness of getting something I've desired for quite some time. I think it was 5 or so years ago when I started to mention we needed a new couch. Recently, the old couch has been falling apart. I bought upholstery hooks in hopes of sewing up ripped patches, but with so much use, my sewn areas didn't stay cinched together. I washed the seat covers and cleaned it often, but it was getting too old to brighten back up.
Brian saw that this seating, after 15 years, needed to go the way of all the earth. He mentioned we should call the neighborhood clean up where you can set big items in front of the house and the disposal trucks will come and pick it up. Then, he mentioned we could find a replacement couch. That was my green light, go a head to shop for one cue!..
I knew what I wanted and Emmy and I went out and searched for 3 hours and found what we were looking for. On my list of things it needed were; stain resistant, water resistant, durable, comfortable, hides dirt, fits in the area, and I had a budget. It was an amazing find with a seller that was willing to deliver and come down in price. We got the deal of the century and I am so elated over this purchase. I must be such a homemaker to have this be so exciting, but it really is.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new couch!!! It looks awesome! Hooray and Merry Christmas! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...