Saturday, October 22, 2011

Staff Devel Getaway













Spencer, Joseph, and Celia didn't have school on Friday. It is staff development day. That is a longtime to entertain these kiddos at home so we went for a ride! I told Celia we were going to go to King's Beach. She asked if we needed crowns. She is such a cutie.:) The beach is located about 2 hours from us in the Sierra Nevadas. Its Lake Tahoe, but what a beautiful beach on the Lake it is.
It was great for the kids to play around in the sand. I loved hearing the water wake against the sand while seeing the beautiful sun reflecting on the water. The mountains and trees add to the views. It really is the best of both worlds to have the beach like atmosphere mixed with the water and sand. Maybe that is why I love Muir Woods and Stinson Beach so much.
There were only a handful of people around. That is my style. We heard a man playing guitar. He was playing "Brown eyed girl". I love that song. Actually, we were serenaded by a few people around us having fun with their guitars. We saw a few people who kayaked by and it looked like someone was decorating for a beach wedding with gorgeous flowers near the clubhouse. The best part about our getaway
was how calm and happy we all were there. The kids built volcanoes and commented about the sand being like gold! I discovered a crab leg and a dried mini jelly fish. Joseph and Celia found wands that looked like they should be in the Harry Potter movies. I didn't want to leave. Spencer was loving the sand so much he took off his shirt to feel it on his body, so that was my cue it was time to go, hehe. As we were leaving the view from my rear view mirror was perfect. I'm sure we will visit again.:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun!! Great pictures! Wish I could have gone with ya! =)

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...